Wednesday, November 28, 2012

P90X2: 4 Legs

So, last night, I started P90X2.  I had the "4 legs" readily available, so I did that one.  Just to note with P90X2, there are the standard exercises, but there are also some additional ones that you can splatter in to mix things up a bit.  This is one of them.  You can replace the standard "X2 Core" workout for the "4 Legs." 

"4 Legs" is a very different feel than the standard workouts, simply because its part of the Tony 1 on 1 training series.  Its basically him, his camera man in his home gym.  Its much more relaxed, and he even doesn't do things perfectly!  It only has minor editing, and its very casual, like you would have in a 1 on 1 personal training session at the gym.  Very very low key.

So, why did I do this one first?  Well, X2 Core is the first day of the program, and that disk simply wasn't readily available at home....so I substituted.  This is one of the reasons why I like the P90X2 program in theory (in practice, we shall see soon enough!).  There is a ton of flexibility in it!

Highlights:
  • 53 minutes (includes chit chat, warm up, cool down)
  • 10 moves total - one leg at a time
  • Almost every move requires you to be on only one leg at a time!
  • Balance is essential in this one, so speed (and number of repetitions) is not important....go as slow as you can to maintain balance and stamina throughout
Summary:
I did like the less intimidating feel to this workout...so it was probably a better one to start out with!  While there was no cardio, I was sweating without a doubt!  I couldn't do all reps on the same leg, so while Tony may have done 12 reps on one leg and 12 reps on the other...I was doing 6 on one, 6 on the other, then repeat.  All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...