Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So, what is my goal anyways?

What am I doing this for? I don't know, and thats ok for me. I've made a good habit thus far since spring, and I have another 3 months before Joe's baseball/basketball schedule create limited opportunities for me to continue, so I'm focusing on the short-term to really get good at this! Well, "good" is a relative term; afterall, I am a newbie :)

So, my first goal is to finish the B210K program....3 more weeks and I should be running for 60 minutes straight. I really can't believe I'm almost there. I swear that the C25K program seemed to drag on forever (of course, that may be because I had that little issue of stopping and starting again due to my stress fracture). Then, I want to work on my speed. Then, I want to run my very first 5k race. That is scheduled and paid already....bring it on Fall!

Now, I know you are not supposed to have a time goal for your first 5k...your goal is to finish it. But, thats just not possible for me. Sure, I want to finish...but my hard-to-reach-but-maybe-doable goal is to finish in less than 33 minutes. My impossible-to-reach-and-but-will-attempt-to train smartly-but-not-overtrain is 31 minutes. Of course, I know that 31 minutes is not possible (in my brain) in 115 days; however, I still want a challenge that is going to push me to go farther, but I'm not going to kill myself in the process.

Then, I want to run a 10k. Strangely, there are not many around here, but there is one at St. Pete Beach in January...so thats my goal if I don't overeat and blow up like a beach ball at Christmas in Kentucky!

Then, the half marathon. Strangely, I don't think I have any desire to go farther than a half marathon. Its long enough to be a true challenge. Its short enough that you can do one a month and not kill yourself. Its long enough to require serious training (which will force you to eat well just for fear of a bad performance). What is the downside here? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...