Monday, April 16, 2012

Words of Wisdom: Pre

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.”
- Pre


Its easy to be a great runner when you have Olympian parents.  Its easy to be a great football player when your brother is also a pro football player.  There is something to be said for genetics.  After all, the Boston Marathon is clearly an example of Darwin's theory.  If you want to have fast children, marry a Boston qualifier!


So, I will never be an Olympian.  I have farther to go.  I will never be a super-svelte gazelle gliding under 25 minutes for a 5k.  My parents were not athletes.  Our family pushed academics and music, not physical activity.  I also weighed over 190 pounds a year ago.  Two children (and a genetic predisposition to weight doomed me for a few years).  And, while I am finally down to a size 8, I still don't look like a gazelle.  But, I'm pretty darn good and strong for someone who has been running for less than a year!  


I've come a long way....I view my efforts, thus far, as successful!  I know I still have far to go....but I'm confident that those will be equally so.

1 comment:

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...