Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year....New Focus

I'm back at work....and with that comes a new sense of what I want to accomplish on a variety of fronts. On the home front, we are determined to get a piano....so we will be learning that this year. Thats my educational focus I suppose. On the physical front, the goals are plentiful.

Now, I don't mean to imply that these are New Years resolutions. Actually, I tend to refocus every few months. And honestly, the last month has been crap. I feel as if I've actually taken a few steps back, so I need to re-balance my priorities and now that the holidays (and the distractions that they bring) are over, its an appropriate time.

So, how did the 2011 goals go? I did finish C25k, and even ran a 5K in under 30 minutes! Those were big for me. I didn't finish Slim in 6, which is ok. And I actually gained weight this last month instead of losing it...so that was a tad disappointing. But all in all, I am very pleased at what I've accomplished this last calendar year.

For 2012, I have a variety of physical goals. Most importantly are performing confidently in the upcoming half marathons. I know the first one will not be completed up to my standards, and thats ok. So, I'll be treating this as a baseline and accept it. If I do well at the half marathon goal, all the others will easily follow. I'm not going to stress over each and every one.

I'm going to focus the next few months on this one goal, and try to balance overall fitness with running. If I do well with this, I think everything else will naturally fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...