Wednesday, November 28, 2012

P90X2: Foundation Phase

As I've stated before, P90X2 is based on three phases (Foundation, Strength, Performance).  This initial Foundation phase should be done for 3-6 weeks, depending upon how strongly you feel that you've somewhat mastered the workouts.

Day 1: X2 Core (optional replacement: 4 Legs)
Day 2: Plyocide
Day 3: Rest -or- X2 Recovery+Mobility
Day 4: X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper -or- Upper Body Balance & X2 Ab Ripper
Day 5: X2 Yoga
Day 6: X2 Balance+Power -or- 4 Legs
Day 7: Rest -or- X2 Recovery+Mobility

Repeat three times, then take a "recovery" week, if needed.

There is a method to the madness, but since I started on a Tuesday and my DVD wasn't readily accessible, I'm modifying the week a bit:

Day 1: Rest
Day 2: 4 Legs (in lieu of 4 Legs)
Day 3: Plyocide
Day 4: X2 Recovery+Mobility
Day 5: X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper
Day 6: X2 Balance+Power
Day 7: Hot Yoga (group class in lieu of X2 Yoga)

I'm going to try to throw a short run in on Day 5 and Day 7.  I feel like I have to start over with the C25K program anyways, so this should be ok to do.  Or, maybe I'll try to run during lunch tomorrow, if time permits.  Regardless, i will try to do the X2 Ab Ripper in the morning tomorrow before work, and the X2 Total Body in the evening.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...