Sunday, August 21, 2011

How far ahead should I plan to race?

It seems that its best, for me at least, to plan all the season's training at one time...so I mapped out basically where I want to be by the end of April and am now prepping for the early start to the season on Labor Day. To me, I can plan out those slower races and prepare for the onslaught of the higher mileage ones for after Christmas....rather than just looking one race out. To me, that would be harder to stay interested as I like to plan everything, even the goal of races, albeit this is new goal for me of just a few months ago.

But, I wonder what will happen as I get closer to April, that last race...will I be completely bummed that I have no race in the future to look forward to, to plan? Or, will I be so exhausted and ready for a break? I suppose only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...