Friday, March 2, 2012

Time to Look Back to Look Forward

I feel that I've been very chatty lately, and quite honestly its simply because there has been so much going on!  But, even in the midst of all of this chaos, I'm just grateful to be where I am right now.  I'm fitter and healthier than I have been since before the kids were born.  I'm on my way to looking the part as well.  While I sometimes dread the first few steps, I love the feeling afterwards of completing a run that most people would never even attempt.  I love the sense of accomplishment.  I love how proud I am of something that completed.

As a mother (or a father for that matter), initially, our entire existence is just trying to "keep up"  ...keep up at work, make sure the kids are taken care of, make sure the house isn't destroyed by said kids, make sure the dog has food, and the list goes on and on.  Its so easy to put our personal obligations (to ourself) last.  It takes no effort.  It takes no sacrifice.  Its easy to NOT do anything about your own health and welfare. 

But, when you ignore it for too long, thats when it matters most!  You are a better mother, wife/husband, boss, workers, person when your own health needs are taken care of.  You sleep better.  You are less stressed.  You are more hopeful.  You are more patient.  You are so much more of "you" when you are healthy.

While I have more going on these few months than I will in the next year, I can honestly say, I feel better and less stressed than I was even 2 years ago.  I get no "rest" time.  I watch no television anymore...there is simply not enough time to dedicate to a non-purposeful activity.  I use my time more efficiently for things that matter...and those things that matter make my life better.

Cheers to those who work every day to making sure that they are the best that they can be!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...