Monday, November 21, 2011

Half Marathon Training - Week 1

Today is officially the first day of my 12-week half marathon training! I started with Hal Higdon's Novice plan, but modified it to incorporate the running club's standard runs on Sunday, as well as my running schedule during lunch at work (with my newly-formed running club)...and sprinkling in some additional runs at home by myself. I think it will do the trick.


I feel like I have a very solid base now. The only worry I have is my right knee. I fear its going to plague me for several months....but we'll work through it week by week and pull back if it simply seems to be too much.


So, this week, I plan on the following:
Tuesday: Evening Run at Home - 3 Miles
Wednesday: Lunch Run at Work - 2.5 Miles
Thursday: Turkey Trot Race - 5 Miles
Sunday: Morning Run in Orlando - 4 Miles


So, the long run for the week is actually a no-chip timing for-bragging-rights-only charity run Thanksgiving morning. Fortunately, this is just 3 little miles away from home...so how could I say no! I won't be running a long Sunday run with the running club, as we are going to Orlando for Saturday and staying over the night....but don't worry. We will get our exercise, as we are going to walk around Legoland all day on Saturday!

I also need to find a way to squeeze in 3 kettlebell strength training sessions every week....maybe just 20 minutes each. Should be doable, but I just need to stay determined and focused in order to avoid any excuses that I dream up!

So, 15 miles are planned....lets see how well I can hold to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...