Sunday, November 13, 2011

Not quite right..

So, I wussed out. I only ran 6.9 miles today (delayed turning the garmin on at the beginning, so the garmin reading is a tad low). I was going for more...but my knee has been reminding me for a few days that its not 100%. I would have ventured and done more, but when I got to the running location for the club, some had already decided that they wanted a shorter run....so that made it so easy to scale back.

I'm very glad I did for 2 reasons. First, I absolutely KNOW that you should NOT increase mileage from 6.3 miles on your long run one week to 9+ miles the following week. Second, I felt that I needed to ice my knee TWICE today (once immediately after and once several hours later).

So, fate dealt me a nice hand today. I'm not sure how I will get my miles in next week. I plan on running at work only twice this week and also my normal run Tuesday nights to/from my daughter's softball game, and Saturday we are off to Orlando (Joe has a baseball tournament there, so I'll take the kids to the Ice! experience), and Sunday is my Women's Running 5k. But, maybe the unintentional taper will be helpful for Sunday's run...I really think I can go under 30 minutes...at least that is my goal!

Maybe I'll try to run Friday night (while Joe and the kids are off at a football game)...time will tell. Hopefully I can get in at least 5 miles. Wow....did you hear that? "At Least" ....those words came from me! Who is this girl that I've become!?!?!?! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! I was always active until I had kids. Now I'm just active on and off when I'm not injured. Seems like as we grow older I get hurt much easier and am out of the game for a lot longer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to remind myself that my bones are still strengthening. While they are MUCH stronger than they were when I started running a mere 6 months ago, they still need to get tougher for me to stack on the miles. I'll get there. I just need to remind myself to be a bit patient.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...