Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Serious Diet Day 2

So, yesterday, I did ok. I had a small serving of fried potatoes/onions with dinner. I'd estimate it to be about 150 calories. It was delicious. Hard to turn down.

I did manage to do two sessions on the elliptical. First one was 30 minutes while the kiddies were in the tub (I can see them from the elliptical, so it's perfect time to do this). And, then after they went to bed, I managed another 15 minutes...was much harder! But, I said I'd do at least 10 with a hopeful 15...and I made it to 15. Surprised me that my rpm's were so much lower and yet my heart rate was higher than the earlier session. My rpm's on the first session averaged about 69, while the second was 64. My average heart rate on the first session was 150, while the second was 155ish? Actually, splitting the sessions up probably is better for me...keeps my metabolism up for the entire evening...from the first moment I exercise (7pm) until about an hour after my last exercise (about 9:30pm). So, maybe the intervals are better?

I don't think I can do an hour every night...just not enough energy with the lower calories. But, I will try to do more than an hour every weekend day. I think that I can do some in the morning (after breakfast when I have some energy) and then in the afternoon/evening...so hopefully that will help make up for the lax weeknight exercise routine.

So, the plan today:





7am Breakfast
Chocolate Shakeology
Beachbody Vanilla Protein Powder
PB2
Almond Milk
Beachbody Fiber Boost

10am Morning Snack
Chocolate Gotein

12:30pm Lunch
Peaches

3pm Afternoon Snack
ThinkThin peanut butter bar

6pm Dinner
Buffalo Steak
Salad with blue cheese vinaigrette

So, thats about a very-well balanced 1200 calories (115 grams of protein, 121 grams of carbs which about 68 are sugar grams), with 500 burned on the elliptical tonight, for a net calorie intake of 700....which means an estimated net loss of 1300. Maybe with the extra carbs today I can actually do more tonight? Hey, but thats about 1/3 of a pound of fat gone as a result of my efforts for one day!

I just need to keep it up...the first 4-5 days of a diet is always the hardest! Once your body gets accustomed to the lower calorie intake and relying on fat stores for energy (rather than simple carbs), your body does adjust rather easily. Or, so I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...