Thursday, November 3, 2011

Appreciate your Accomplishments

We often focus on things we cannot do. Human nature.

But, we should always take the time to reflect back on how much we have accomplished. I know the last few days, I've been a bit reflective and have focused on my race pace as not being where I thought it should be on the "official" records. But, I need to rethink that...remember that I could not have done this just a few months ago! I've seriously come a long ways!

I was speaking to my husband last night about the scheduled half marathons next year and he said "I don't know how you can do that" ...he was not being dismissive or unsupportive, but simply thinking that he could never run that distance at a single time. While I'm nervous about it, to say the least (afterall, I have taken a big bite out of this running/race thing), I also realize that I've only been running for a tad over 5 months. I have a very solid 5K base to work with. I have over 3 months to train, and I'll do everything the training says to do!

Sure, its a lot of work...but then again, I need to remind myself, when I'm feeling overwhelmed, about how far I've come...and know that I will get through this. Before you know it, I will have a series of medals on that wall showing how much I have completed in one short year.

Appreciate everything you have gained. Appreciate all that you are. Appreciate everything that you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...