Monday, November 28, 2011

Back on the wagon...but with a break

Long weekend is over. I got in some miles but not nearly as many as I would have liked. That being said, I'm going to take 10 days off from running, starting tomorrow. I'm seeing the doc then, and I'm predicting that this is what he will say. I can handle it...it will bother me, but in the long run its good. In a few days, I'll jump on the elliptical for some low-impact exercise and keep up my miles with that regimen. It won't be the same, but that's ok. I'm focusing on the big picture right now.

My next race is scheduled for 12/16....a jingle bell run. I should be 100% for that. And, its only a 5K, so I'm not stressed. My goal is to do it in under 29 minutes. Possible? Yes. Probable? We shall see!

In the mean time, I'm going to play around with my training schedule to see if this is going to seriously stress my plans. Again, elliptical will be my focus, so I'll get something in there...just not running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...