Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just not motivated?

I wasn't. First day of my training regimen, and I swear, I simply didn't want to leave the house! I got home, and Joe quickly disappeared to go play basketball. Fed the kids, washed the dishes, got dressed in my running apparel....waited and lost every ounce of motivation that I had (and it wasn't much to begin with!). Joe got home, and I quickly put on my socks and shoes and garmin....and sat. I know if I didn't go now, I wouldn't go at all. And, I knew that I had to go....after all, this was my first official training run! So, I headed out the door.

I got about 30 feet and started running. It was not a great run, speed wise, but very solid. Even performance throughout and a slight negative split at the end. A few months ago, I would have been so proud of myself...but it simply felt blah to me.

But, the point is...I did it. I wasn't excited for it. I didn't want it. But, I'm glad I did it.

Now, maybe I'll look forward to my little run tomorrow with a tad more enthusiasm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...