Sunday, February 26, 2012

Post-Race Blues

You know them...you've focused on one specific race for such a long time...and then the moment its gone, what do you do? Well, you focus on the next race scheduled...and if its not scheduled, you schedule one!

I have two upcoming races....first is the Gasparilla 15k (truth be told, once I saw the medal for the half marathon, I really wanted to do that race!) and the Sarasota Half Marathon. Next two weekends...I'm gonna be busy!

If I have nothing on the calendar, what do I have to strive for? I know I need incentive, and thats exactly the reason that I schedule races early on...when they are cheaper, of course...but more importantly so I can see a long-term plan ahead of me which puts running on the focus, rather than a temporary endeavor. I need to rethink my thinking. I've never been athletic, but focusing on some long-term goals, ones that I have already committed myself to, makes them real and doable and committed to.

So, the princess is in the past...so lets move on to the Gasparilla and the Sarasota! Bring it!


1 comment:

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...