Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This Princess has some Slipper Pain!

I admit it....my foot isn't healed. If you recall, after the RNR Half in St Pete, right around mile 10, I felt some pain in my foot. I went to the doctor the next day, and they diagnosed it as bursitis. In fact, I do think they were right...I couldn't really re-create the pain but the pain I did recreate fit bursitis to a "T"....but now, the pain returned when I ran last night. I really do think its peroneal tendonitis...but then again, this usually hits the back of the foot more than the side...and its the side that hurts (the back/heel area feels perfect!). So, I suppose I don't know what it is.

Aside from this pain, I felt very heavy for the run last night. I know its been over a week since I ran, and I wasn't going for any record of course...but I just wished I felt more fluid. It simply was not to be. But, what happens when Sunday rolls around?

I really want to run this race...and its not even a real race. After all, any even that has you stopping for photo ops every mile surely doesn't qualify as a "race", right? I'm viewing it as a training run anyways....so is it going to be that harmful if I run? I suppose the only good thing about it is the fact that my running partner is a podiatric surgeon. So, I plan on taping it and seeing how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...