Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BMI Revisited

Ok, everyone knows how easy it is to find their calculated BMI. There are a ton of sites out there that do this for you, but this one is different. Check it out here. Why is it different? Because it not only tells you your BMI, but it also tells you where you fall in the range of BMIs for your gender and age in the US. So, you think you were overweight? Let this calculator tell you that there is a good 2/3s of the country with a BMI higher than yours! It sure is an ego boost.

What surprises me most is that if I enter my ideal weight (135) and calculate it out, I would be at the 19th percentile....meaning 81% of women my age would be larger than me! Wow...kinda sheds light on how out of shape this country is, doesn't it? As for my "ideal" weight, there is also another calculator that tells me how reasonable that is....for me, it fits perfectly in several different calculations of what number I really should strive for to have no health issues related to my weight. So, at least my ideal is a healthy ideal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...