Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Slim in 6 - The Beginning

So, my 14-day challenge is done...and I feel like I have gained some strength (even though the last few days I've been stuck on stick and really feel lethargic as a result), but I want to continue focusing on my muscle development along with my weight loss...along with my running endurance. Sounds like a lot to tackle, right? Well, I hope its manageable.

So, starting next week, its all about "Slim in 6" for me :)

42 days...counting rest days = 6 weeks

Daily Schedule
Days 1-6 Start it Up
Day 7 Rest
Days 8-13 Ramp it Up
Day 14 Rest
Days 15-20 Ramp it Up
Day 21 Rest
Days 22 - 27 Burn it Up
Day 28 Rest
Days 29 - 34 Burn it Up
Day 35 Rest
Days 36 - 41 Burn it Up
Day 42 Rest

Or think of it this way, Weekly Schedule (workout 6 days a week)
Week 1 Start it Up (35 minutes)
Weeks 2-3 Ramp it Up (50 minutes)
Weeks 4-6 Burn it Up (1 hour)

My order also came with the "Slim & 6 Pack" and "Slim & Limber" DVDs...Once you start the Slim in 6 program, this is the regimen to add if the ab routine on the videos is not challenging you anymore. They do not recommend doing "Slim in 6 Pack" more than three times a week though. You can do "Slim & Limber" as often as you like to stretch and relax, even on your day off. The resistance band work appears in Ramp it Up and Burn it Up.

And, if the "Start it Up" is too easy, I'll move on to "Ramp it Up" as early as Day 3. I won't move on faster than this though, as I need to get used to Debbie's moves!



Also, the included nutrition guide details menus for each day of the week, as well as a shopping list to minimize confusion and easily avoid those foods that are pitfalls. I need to investigate this a tad more, as I really want to see if there is anything I have been eating regularly that is NOT on the list....I would presume that my normal "current" diet is fine to continue my weight loss.

I hope to be able to keep this up, as well as running three times/week....two short 5k runs and one long run. I hope I'm not taking on too much, but only time will tell. I'll report back in a week! Either way, I'll update everyone when I start this, and see how the program appears once I have a few days to let it all sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...