Sunday, September 18, 2011

Morning Runs are a PITA

Seriously, I just bonk. I hate them. My body is simply well designed to burn carbs for energy, so I run much longer and faster if I run in the evening. But, there are no races in the evening...they are ALL in the morning! So, exactly how does one learn to run efficiently in the morning hours? I'm presuming my pace/distance are so different in the morning simply because my body doesn't use fat as an energy source nearly as efficiently as carbs. But, how do you retrain your body to do just this? Well, the only thing I can think of is to run in the morning.


So, the last two weeks, that's all I've done...and its been painful. I have to walk more often, I'm exhausted faster, and I never go as far as I do in the evening. How long do you think it takes for your body to adapt? If anyone has any resources, please share them with me! I'm frustrated, and really want to start getting more miles in. I was running way more miles/week in July, in the awful heat and humidity of Florida, compared to now....now should be so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...