Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First 5K....Flashbacks

Now that I've had time to think about how things progressed...how would I have done things differently?

I woke up 2 hours before the race to have breakfast. While I had a good meal, I probably should have had more carbs....and I even had a lot of my peanut butter pretzels that I could have grabbed, but simply didn't consider it. Just getting the kids out of the house was keeping us busy!

And, I think starting next week, I will try to run once-twice a week in the morning...there is simply no getting around this. After all, studies do show that it takes 21 days to form a habit (someone on Facebook reminded me of this...thanks Dorsey). So, I need to do it, even if its a short one. After a few weeks, I will be accustomed to running in the morning. I need to lay out my clothes for my run at night, and make sure I need to physically get up to turn the alarm off...or find someone to run with who will hold me responsible and who I don't want to let down.

Hey, if it gets me a better 5k time, I'll do it! Next race is next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...