Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shakeology Challenge!

I'm committed....at least starting later this month for an entire 14 days I will be! Team Epton forced me...I blame Hope completely for this. The goal is to see if we can jump start our metabolism and incorporate a workout program (in addition to any training I'm currently doing) to feel healthier and lose weight/inches.

Once you sign up for a free Beachbody membership, commit to drinking one shakeology a day for a meal replacement and sign up for the challenge....what do you need to do? For 14 days, Hope will post a workout schedule for every day in the 2 week period. There will be mainly resistence work, plyometrics, high-intensity interval training, etc. Since there are a lot of runners training for a half marathon on this team, Hope will focus the resistence work on core and upper body for strength building and the cardio will most likely be running/biking/etc. There will not be any special equipment requirements, and if someone doesn't have the needed equipment, Hope will make modifications to the workout schedule to suit what you have on hand. It will take 20-30 minutes a day.


Diet-wise, she asks that everyone drink a Shakeology shake for one of their meals/snacks per day. Your diet should consist of 5-6 small meals/day. And also, try to eat as healthy as possible, within your comfort level. Quite simply, make good choices.


She even put a private Facebook group together to hold each other accountable, and she will provide all the support and address any answers/questions we may have.


Everyone on the team who make a full effort to participate will win some fun Beachbody prizes at the end and one participate will be chosen to win the grand prize of a basket full of Beachbody goodies (although I have no idea what that is!)....maybe a workout set? new mat? Oooh....how my mind can wander!

I can do this, right? I hope I can keep up with my normal routine AND do this for 14 days. I suppose I could always cut out the free weight training that I've been doing twice/week....but I'd rather do my normal workout plus this. I'm curious to see if I could drop 5 pounds in the 2 week period if I do everything that I've been doing plus what the challenge requires. Think its possible?

But, even more importantly, I do want to kick start my metabolism asap! I'm on this semi-crash diet for another 10 days...so that will end next Thursday (just in time for a Cracker Barrel breakfast at work the following day...I'll say no to the pancakes and syrup, but yes to the eggs and bacon/sausage at least!). So, I'm hoping to drop to about 152 prior to this thing kicking off (I'm currently at 156). More importantly, I want to stabilize at 152 prior to this challenge. Then, if I can finally get into the 140s as a result of this challenge, I will be ecstatic! I've lost so much weight this year (last estimate was 30+ pounds) by pushing myself hard for a bit, then plateauing intentionally, and then doing it all over again. But, if I can get into the 140s...wow...I haven't been there since before the kids were born! Maybe not even since my 20s!







And, it just so happens that the challenge ends on the eve before my first real race. Maybe this will give me the extra push I need to do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin - 4 stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...